Thursday, January 12, 2012

Why doesn't Google Chrome download my files correctly?

No matter what the file is (.pdf, .docx, .jpg, etc), my google chrome browser downloads everything as "attachment.ashx". This file type can't be opened by any of my applications on my computer, and the only way to access anything is to open it on a web page or try to rename it. Is there a way to fix this problem? I am running windows 7.Why doesn't Google Chrome download my files correctly?
The security of your browser may have been compromised. You should disable all of your extensions, one at a time, trying to download files until you've eliminated the problem. You should also click the wrench (or settings) button in the upper right corner, click "About Google Chrome", and ensure that you have the latest version of Chrome installed. Ensure you don't have additional BHO's running from another browser like Internet Explorer, or other applications that handle file extensions. Run a Virus Scan and a Malicious Software scan, if all else fails.Why doesn't Google Chrome download my files correctly?
uninstall it then reinstall it.

No comments:

Post a Comment