Thursday, January 12, 2012

Can I change a setting on Google Chrome so I can download an attachment without opening it?

I download a lot of plans from my email and every time I download a file it automatically opens. Sometimes this is nice, but I prefer to download the attachments then open them as I please. I know on IE a dialogue box pops up asking what you want to do with the file with a little box you can check so it automatically closes when download is complete.Can I change a setting on Google Chrome so I can download an attachment without opening it?
This happens when you download a file, it appears on the bottom of the screen showing the download progress. If you click the arrow next to the item, and click "Always Open Files of This Type". It will permanently open this type of file.
.
To change this, follow these steps:
.
open Google Chrome %26gt; Wrench (Top-Right) %26gt; Options %26gt; Under The Hood %26gt; In the Downloads section (Lower down the page) click "CLEAR AUTO-OPENING SETTINGS".
.
This will stop automatically opening files when they are downloaded.

No comments:

Post a Comment